• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone audio going through earpiece while paired with a bluetooth audio device

Wierzbak

Lurker
Sep 8, 2018
So I'm facing this giant problem for a few days: whenever I connect my bt headphones or speaker to the 3T, it goes like in this "phone mode". The audio is coming out through headphones, but when increasing or decreasing volume with buttons on the phone, or on headphones, I'm moving the slider for phone audio. And the quality is garbage, it sounds like, you know, through a phone call, and you can hear that white noise even if there's no audio playing. Like the music you hear when you're put on hold. Pressing the hang up button on headphones causes them to say "phone call ended", and what happens next? There is no audio at all on the headphones, not even that noise. Instead, the phone plays the audio through a phone earpiece. The same thing happens, when I disable phone audio for my headphones in bluetooth settings on my phone. And it is exactly the same with the speaker, so I belive it's phone's fault. I beg you for help, I cannot live without my headphones :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones