• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Charge Faster

Or turn it off during charging, which will reduce power consumption (and heating) even further.

Of course there's no point using a high wattage charger on a phone that cannot take advantage, so compatibility of charging standards is also important. Personally I'm not interested in anything other than USB-PD, since that standard works for my other devices as well and hence 1 charger does me for everything (main requirement being that it's powerful enough to use with my laptop), whereas other proprietary charging systems don't do that.

Though personally I'm more interested in battery longevity, so have fast charging turned off on my phone. I can turn it on if I ever actually need it, but that's very rare, so it makes more sense to reduce stress on the battery by turning it off the rest of the time.

Reactions: ocnbrze and svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones