• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone reset - Invalid Password

Sleazeberg

Lurker
Jan 20, 2016
I have an Alcatel OneTouch phone via StraightTalk (Tracfone). I am the originally owner of this phone. I bought it new about 3-4 months ago at my local WalMart. I have used the game Google account for the last 10 years and a similar password.

I put in a new microSD card, and it prompted to reset my phone. As everything is backed up via Google, I thought this was no issue. I proceeded to restart the phone.

Now, when the phone turns on, the first screen I see says: "Protect your phone - Need valid your google account first, please make sure your network is connected, press Start to begin the process!"

I press Start. The next screen says: "Verify your account - This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device."

Now, the screen says: "Verify your account - xxxxxxxx@gmail.com, with an empty password box below that(no other option is on the screen). I enter my password, which IS ACCURATE(I have successfully logged into Google via my PC with the same password); however, I get the message: "Password you entered is incorrect! Please try again."

This is really frustrating and essentially I have a useless brick right now. I have tried the following suggestion without success:
1. https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
2. Using the volume up, and power button to factory reset it again.
3. Simply changing my Google password and trying the newly changed password.

Any suggestions please? Why is it that Google, a multi-billion dollar, international, tech super giant, has not a single human being I can talk to. I have been a loyal fan of Android and Microsoft for years, but I might be purchasing Apple products from here on out. At least they will give you support.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones