• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone shuts on black screen.

Luis_Araujo

Oct 13, 2016
My phone is a LG Stylus2 Dual Android version 6.0.1 Android security patch level 2016-12-01 Kernel version 3.10.49 Build number MMB29M software version V10d-AME-XX. It was bought in the USA on March 2017 and brought to Brazil, so no warranty. The problem is sometimes the phone, correctly charged, shuts on a black screen, little red light flashing, and the only way to bring it back is to remove and put back the battery. Then it turns on correctly. This happens sometimes 3 times in the same day. Any clue? Thanks, Luis.

My phone is a LG Stylus2 Dual Android version 6.0.1 Android security patch level 2016-12-01 Kernel version 3.10.49 Build number MMB29M software version V10d-AME-XX. It was bought in the USA on March 2017 and brought to Brazil, so no warranty. The problem is sometimes the phone, correctly charged, shuts on a black screen, little red light flashing, and the only way to bring it back is to remove and put back the battery. Then it turns on correctly. This happens sometimes 3 times in the same day. Any clue? Thanks, Luis.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/LG_Stylo_2

Upvote 0
Thanks, it does not get warm, and I think it's not the battery, because when I remove it and replace immediately it just works without recharging.

The phone circuitry uses voltage to determine charge. If the battery is discharging at inconstant rates it could easily report one second that it's got a good charge and then almost dead. Or, the circuitry itself is faulty. Those are really the only two things that I can think of that would account for a complete shutdown that requires a battery pull to restart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones