• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone slow to ring

CharlesLewis

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
My wife has a Revolution by LG Verizon phone. Recently, we have noticed that it doesn't ring until about halfway through the connection. First we hear a "Verizon greeting," then it vibrates, and finally it rings about three times. Since she often has the phone in the other room, she doesn't hear the ring before the call goes to voice mail, which means she usually has to call back. This is a fairly new hiccup, so I am wondering if the phone is just getting old or if somehow she has changed a setting.

Any ideas?

There was no ascending ring tone option on her phone (at least, none that I could find) and she's been using the same ringtone throughout.

I did a test call from my phone a few minutes ago. My phone had three rings before hers did anything, then hers vibrated, and finally it rang for about three rings (three on my phone).

Her phone has been slowing down in general recently, so I don't know if this is simply another symptom of that. I'm trying to convince her to let me restore her phone to the factory setting and then restore everything.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
You could change the slot cycle index. That sets the interval the phone polls the tower to see if any info (phone call, text) is available. It varies from phone to phone and most involve entering a service menu via a #*# code. Sorry, I don't know the specific code for the Revolution. A Google search revels some possibilities.

Remember: Setting the slot cycle index to a more frequent polling time will decrease your battery life. Also, be careful when using service menus. Changing the wrong setting could brick your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones