• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone stopped connecting to car

Pvcleave

Lurker
Dec 5, 2018
My phone had been working fine for several months connecting to my 2017 Hyundai Elantra. Now it will not connect. My phone gives me a slow charging error. I do not get the error anyplace else .

I have tried multiple cables. I got my LGV20 out and it works fine.

I have seen other people get the error and say put the phone in USB debug mode. I have tried that, it does not help .

Had the same problem, Communication error s8 android auto has encounted a problem , asking for usb permissions.
Additionally could not stop chrome browser from displaying suggested stories on homepage. Uninstalled the most recent update to Google App and all problems went away. Might be worth a try.

Upvote 0
I have Galaxy S8+ running 8.0.0. My Pioneer AVH-2330NEX is running firmware 8.35 dated July 2018. AA quit working around the Jan 2019 update (Not sure the exact date) to the phone. I get an "Andriod Auto stopped working" on the head unit. Here is the troubleshooting I have done so far.
I have tested the phone on a 2016 Honda factory head and all works. I have tested the Pioneer head with a friends old 1+1 (6.0.1 Cyaongen 13.1) and it works with the Pioneer.
But the S8+ and Pioneer do not.
Any thoughts on how to pull some logs?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones