• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pictures in hierarchical sub-folders

Hi, I have seen discussion of organizing pictures in different sub-folders.
However, I was not able to organize them further in a hierarchy, e.g.
I was trying to create folder A wth two sub-folders
A1 and A2, and under each I might have more subfolders nested inside, e.g.\
subfolders A1.1 and A1.2 under subfolder A1
Under the gallery, I am seeing all folders A1, A2, A1.1 and A1.2 all appear in the same level.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Gallery app apparently will detect and show photos that are in different directories, but it just presents them as one big library. You might want to think about sorting your photos into different groups using the 'Album' feature in the app itself.
https://www.dummies.com/consumer-el...w-to-create-albums-in-the-galaxy-tab-gallery/
It's more or less converse to what you were trying to set up, photos in different folders and being displayed that way. The end result is similar, photos organized into different groups, but instead all managed through the Gallery app's user interface. (...the location of your photos, in the DCIM folder, in folders you've set up, etc. not being the issue as Gallery just presents them as one big album unless you break things down.)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
Sorry, I don't see how it is done. The instructions from the link you provided only explains how to copy/move to a new folder at the same level as other folders, but not as a sub-folder.
I even artificially created subfolders with a folder using my computer to interface the disk in my cell phone, but when viewed under Album, all folders (sub-folders, sub-sub-folders...) are shown at the same level.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones