• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pinned App Disappears from Recent Apps

Fubu

Lurker
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know if this issue is device- or app-specific but here's the specifics:
Device: LG G3
Android: 6.0
Carrier: Koodo (Canada)
Current App Affected: Moon+ Reader 4.3.1

I generally leave 2 apps "open" on my phone - my SMS app (default app) and Moon+ Reader. Recently, after minimizing to the home screen, when I press the "Recent Apps" button (that's the square one I think) Moon+ Reader is no longer there. I have not "closed" the app, only used the "Home" button (circle?).
I rebooted the phone and everything was fine, for a while. While it was working I used the "Pin" button (App pinned not to be cleared) thinking that would ensure it didn't happen again. Today it's reoccurred. Even when the app is open and I'm reading from it, and I press the "recent apps" button, Moon+ Reader disappears from the list.
The app is still available from my desktop icon and the app list, and opens just like it was minimized (not a complete start-up of a closed app).
So far this only happens with Moon+ Reader as I don't normally leave apps open if I'm not using them frequently. I'm about to leave some random apps open (some pinned, some not) to see if it's app-specific.
I have been using Moon+ Reader for over a year and this is the first I'm seeing this annoyance.

Searching Google didn't give me positive results, probably from poor search parameters (I used the title of this post in my search fwiw), so I'm hoping someone here can assist.
Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones