• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PIXELA CamreaAccess plus

hector

Nov 15, 2013
Hi,

I am trying to get this app on my android phone, which I have been advised will remotely control my Canon camcorder.
I get the impression it has been removed from the Playstore. There is an app of that name listed, but it is not from PIXELA I think.

Has anyone here any experience of downloading this PIXELA app recently?

so yes it is not in the play store anymore, but I did find the APK for the app:

also not sure if your canon camera is compatible, but they have this:

Upvote 0
Hi ocnbrze

OK, I am unfamiliar with downloading apps not in Playstore. So can you outline the method to download to my phone from your Canon link

Ta
1.download the APK on your phone
2.in your phone's settings go to apps>special access>install unknown apps
3.using a file manager find the APK you downloaded and tap the file and select install

of course every phone is slightly different and so will be the process. the main thing is that you give permission to install unknown apps.
you should also read this:

Upvote 0
ocnbrze,

Did that, but phone said "App not installed as app isn't compatible with your phone"
I am running Pixel 6a with Android 14
Not all apk will work on phones. Some will not work on current Android os. There is a reason why the app is no longer on the play store.

So it just depends on the app and how compatible it is with certain android os.

Looks like this one will work on phones with older Android os.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Well, I have an old Moto G on Android 5.1. It still works, maybe it will load up there? I tried to add my Google account, as I see that as a way of feeding in the APK file. Got through verification on my other phone (yes its me) then I get to a page asking Add phone number? Didn't want to add that as no SIM! But it is totally unresponsive to Yes, I'm in, or skip, or any of the other blued text.

Tried a few times powering off / on but same result each time.

Is there any way round this hurdle? Or another way to get the APK in?

Upvote 0
Well, I have an old Moto G on Android 5.1. It still works, maybe it will load up there? I tried to add my Google account, as I see that as a way of feeding in the APK file. Got through verification on my other phone (yes its me) then I get to a page asking Add phone number? Didn't want to add that as no SIM! But it is totally unresponsive to Yes, I'm in, or skip, or any of the other blued text.

Tried a few times powering off / on but same result each time.

Is there any way round this hurdle? Or another way to get the APK in?
You can download the apk on your computer or your Pixel and then move the file on to your old phone.

Upvote 0
ocnbrze,

I have the APK on Google Drive, so that's why I was trying to get my Google account setup on the MotoG phone. So ok abandon that method.
You say move the file on to your old phone. Sorry, no idea how to do that. I have it on my PC. I tried with usb cable to copy the file to the download folder on the MotoG.

Confirmed on my PC it was copied ok, but on MotoG clicking the downloads icon shows nothing.

Can you detail the steps needed please?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Dannydet

I have transferred the APK to the Download folder on my MotoG. My PC confirms it is present in that folder, but the MotoG cannot see it (post #15). The problem I now have is that I cannot find a file explorer app on the MotoG, to navigate to the APK. It is Android 5.1, and I dont know if this app was included with 5.1. Also, I am unable to download anything as it keeps asking me to sign in to my google account which I cannot do - see post #13

Help, I'm stuck!:sick:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dannydet,

I dont have an app called files. I do have called Download manager listed in settings - all apps, but no icon for it on the home screen. Tried to activate but without success.

I repeat - I cannot download anything. When I try to download it asks me to sign in to my google account, which it wont let me do (post #13)

Is it the case that you must sign in to a valid google account before you can download anything??

Upvote 0
If I open chrome browser and type apkmirror.com at the top, I get mostly a blank screen, and at the bottom I am told Chrome just got better!
A new version is available. Selecting update underneath prompts me to sign in to google, which I ignore cos it won't work. However, if I swipe out apkmirror and replace with bbc, I get the bbc site straight away - just to prove I am connected and chrome does work! Still stuck.

Nice to see I am no longer a lurker, but a newbie, even at 75 yrs of age!
:sick:

Upvote 0
Thinking that something was not quite right with the MotoG, I did a Factory Reset. Also I put in a new Vodaphone SIM card. On powerup, Vodaphone was displayed, so SIM recognised ok. Then, going through setup, it asked for my google account, which after the usual verification, asked did I want to add my phone number? Well I now had a phone number to add, but as before this page is unresponsive.

At this point, I feel like giving up with this, unless anyone here has any further suggestions.

Thanks for all the help anyway.

Upvote 0
Thinking that something was not quite right with the MotoG, I did a Factory Reset. Also I put in a new Vodaphone SIM card. On powerup, Vodaphone was displayed, so SIM recognised ok. Then, going through setup, it asked for my google account, which after the usual verification, asked did I want to add my phone number? Well I now had a phone number to add, but as before this page is unresponsive.

At this point, I feel like giving up with this, unless anyone here has any further suggestions.

Thanks for all the help anyway.
curious what canon camera do you have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones