• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Planning of Buying OnePlus 5T

I am a 16 years old student and I am planning to buy my first and new phone the next year (currently I use a Lenovo Tablet). I am planning to get OnePlus 5T but do you think that`ll be too dated by the next year or if I will get any performance issues with 2 generation old phone. I will buy the 8Gb RAM version. Is it okay for a student like me? Please tell me if the phone is okay if performance is considered.

P.S. Android version updates don`t really matter to them

The 5T is a nice phone. You should be able to get several years of service from it.

The two issues specifically you are asking about are a tough call. Will it be dated? Sure, next year it will be two years old. But what does "dated" really mean? It will be able to run most, if not all the apps in the play store. It will have a fairly modern OS and I would assume that there would be at least one update. Performance-wise, I'd expect it to outperform most midrange phones and maybe even a few flagships, but that's really going to depend on how hard you use it.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
The 5T is a nice phone. You should be able to get several years of service from it.

The two issues specifically you are asking about are a tough call. Will it be dated? Sure, next year it will be two years old. But what does "dated" really mean? It will be able to run most, if not all the apps in the play store. It will have a fairly modern OS and I would assume that there would be at least one update. Performance-wise, I'd expect it to outperform most midrange phones and maybe even a few flagships, but that's really going to depend on how hard you use it.
I would use my phone for normal stuff like social media and a little office tools. But I hope that's not too much. If I compare that to Galaxy S9, how better or how worse would the performance of 5T be?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones