• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play Store app keeps force closing

A new update for the play store app was pushed the other day and now when I try to access the menu settings on it I get an instant 'Unfortunately Google play store app has stopped' error EVERY time. I've rebooted, cleared app cache and memory. Nothing works. Looks like a bug in the app now caused by the new version. I also confirmed the same bug on another LG Optimus G so I know it's not just my phone.

I'm using an app called 1Mobile Market right now that works pretty well. Also my Samsung tablet doesn't have this problem and neither does my wife's Huawei or my daughter's Samsung phone.
I really wish I had the inclination to contact Google via chat but the last time I tried that all I got for my troubles was a headache, my blood pressure spiked and I suddenly felt the urge to throttle someone.:D

Upvote 0
Interesting I am having the same problem as well with my Optimus g (sprint). I called Google 3 times and was finally told to trade my phone out with my carrier or call LG. I called LG and they said they have not heard of that problem, and that my phone might be defective. I thought it was weird that no one has really heard of this problem at both companies because two of my coworkers have the same problem. One has an att version of the Optimus g, and the other has a Optimus L7 II. Hopefully enough people will call so both companies can look into it and find a solution.

Reactions: larry510
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones