• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playing around with new galaxy Z flip

The fold is barely noticeable and the phone has to be tilted in the light to see its slight indentation.
Can you feel the fold when you swipe over it? I guess that would take some getting used to.
The folding feature is kind of neat in that you can easily adjust to any angle you desire and it holds its position. It makes reading emails and messages fairly easy by placing the phone on the table with the top at an angle.
Have you played with any of the specially designed apps that take advantage of the split screen?

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
One unexpected benefit, as far as my limited knowledge, is its built-in "tripod". This allows it to take pretty amazing pictures.
On the traditional (galaxy S 10+) phone, pictures have to be taken with the phone held in the hand (barring a tripod). On the other hand, setting it up at a 90° angle and placing it on a flat surface the pictures are discernibly more detailed and focused and including myself in the family photos is now far easier. My family does not consider that a plus.

That's awesome! Love little unexpected benefits.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones