• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help - Phone got wet.

If you dried it out for 4 days, and it's still not working, it's probably toast, I'm afraid. Did you remove the battery when drying it out?

The only real options are to wait longer, and see what happens (my son had an iPod Touch that got wet, and over a period of several months came back to life), or take it to a repair shop and see what they say. Oh, and bitch-slap the person who did the dishes. ;)

Upvote 0
All good advice above. I've seen most recommendations to flow with Hadron's advice. Plan on 48 hours at a minimum in rice. I've not had experience with alcohol baths for water damage, but I know in the past when I had to clean "powered down" electronics for soldering or repair it was done with alcohol as it evaporates near immediately, so I get the concept.

Upvote 0
I would like to apologise for making a racist joke earlier about Chinese factory workers. My apologies!!
Relax, we could all tell that you meant no evil by the nature of your specific words. I think it was obvious to all of us on staff that any racism was unintentional. ;)

If we had a serious problem with what you said, we'd have just introduced you to the vacuum of space. :D We will have none of it.

Anyway, thanks for being cool and taking ownership but seriously - it's all good. Go forth and do no harm.

Upvote 0
I was charging my phone near a sink (dumb idea) and someone did dishes and when i went to un plug it was soaked i imediatly took my g3 and put it in rice for 4 days but when i try to turn it on a red light flashes and it vibrates what do i do
Hello, sounds like the dish washing liquid caused the water to go easier into the phone, so perhaps drying the phone a lot more and warmth could help. My g3 spent about 30 mins underwater in a lake and after about 2 days drying in rice, it has worked excellently for almost 3 months now. So hopes up with your phone :)

Upvote 0
I just did a wet application of a screen protector on my G3. The solution I used was a drop of dish detergent, part water and part rubbing alcohol. I have done this process many times before on phones and tablets and would say that I am rather good at it. However, I did it on my G3 and somehow liquid got into the screen. Has any of you who had success drying out your phone had any liquid get into the screen? I've got the phone in rice now but wondering if any of you had that and did the screen come out ok afterwards. Phone turns on and off and is functioning okay with the exception of screen damage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones