• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help with mirror casting to Roku TV

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
I should be able to mirror cast my Moto X4 to my Roku TV
I've read a few articles and watched a few youtube videos.

you basically go into the phone settings, there is "cast" and the Roku TV should show up in there. it is not. nothing is in there except my son's Google Home speaker.

i've reset the connection on both tv and phone,
both are on the same wifi network
i went into the roku tv settings, and made sure under "mirror casting" it is selected "always allow"

still, the TV doesn't show up on my phone :(

does anyone know what else i can try?
has anyone been able to use this phone to do mirror casting to a Roku TV?

thanks

On a quick search, you need the Roku in the HDMI socket fed with a power lead, you need to set it up on your wifi, and apparently it connects from your phone via Bluetooth once you have installed the Roku app.

I've only used a Chromecast which is a little easier..

See here and the questions below it:

https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Roku-to-TV

thanks but that is not at all what i'm asking about.
i have a Roku TV. the roku is built into the TV. it is the TV. that article is about hooking up a roku streaming player to a TV.

What I'm trying to do is to get my PHONE to play on the ROKU tv.

it's called mirror casting.

you're supposed to be able to just to into your android phone, look under casting in the settings, and the TV is supposed to be there as an option.

mine does not show the TV there.

thanks for trying but that is not my problem :)

Upvote 0
Are you trying to use Android's integral casting service to connect with your Roku TV or is your problem with using the actual Roku app itself?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_US
If the former, try using the Roku app instead. If the latter, try accessing your router's menu page and confirm that both your phone and your Roku TV are connected.Also, you initially commented on resetting your phone and TV but you should restart your router too. That's the gateway of your home network, providing the connectivity between your TV and Roku.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones