• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help

Heather80

Lurker
Jan 28, 2020
I have been trying unsuccessfully to recover a set of text messages that were deleted off of my phone in error. I have tried to recover them through the phone itself, but it is not working. Can someone offer some advise on how to deal with the carrier to have the messages recovered? Also I have seen a huge variance in how long the information is stored on the servers. Does anyone have any knowledge of that either? I appreciate anyone's assistance in helping get through all of the issues that I have been having.

I have been trying unsuccessfully to recover a set of text messages that were deleted off of my phone in error. I have tried to recover them through the phone itself, but it is not working. Can someone offer some advise on how to deal with the carrier to have the messages recovered? Also I have seen a huge variance in how long the information is stored on the servers. Does anyone have any knowledge of that either? I appreciate anyone's assistance in helping get through all of the issues that I have been having.
sorry but i wish i had better news, but once they are deleted there is not much you can do to recover the text messages. also be very careful with what you find on the internet. there are plenty of sites that claim their software can recover text messages. but a good many of them are scams. this is why if you have important text messages that you back them up. i have a samsung phone and they have a program called smart switch that allows you to backup such items. i do this maybe once or twice a month. not sure what phone you have, but most manufacturers like samsung should have something similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones