• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pls Help No Back Up, how to fix

"Soft brick" is a very generic term. If you can describe the symptoms and tell us what you were doing we might be able to suggest something.

In the absence of that information the only generic suggestions I could make would be to try a factory reset (in case corrupt data is the problem) or locate the official software for the device and reflash it (procedures and tools depend on the manufacturer, and I'm not familiar with Lenovo devices so can't tell you how).

Upvote 0
im stuck in brand logo (boot loop), i try to factory reset and clear cache partation then reboot but the problem is still persist.. i dont know how to get out of it or to fix, i contact the manufacturer but they said that they dont have the firmware of that kind of tablet (pointing the Lifetab s7582) so how can i fix it?? can you suggest any kind of solution??

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
i contact the manufacturer but they said that they dont have the firmware of that kind of tablet (pointing the Lifetab s7582) so how can i fix it?? can you suggest any kind of solution??
Firmware is device-specific, often even carrier-specific. If FDR and clearing cache partition didn't help, and you are unable to obtain firmware, you may be out of luck. If it's not a wifi-only device, check your carrier's website to see if ROM download is available.

Another thought… this problem can also be caused by a stuck hardware button. First try removing the tablet from any protective case and see if you still have the problem. Sometimes dust or lint can get jammed between the button and case, causing it to believe it is depressed (and thus causing boot loop). If no-go, try spraying at edge of the power and volume buttons with WD-40 and/or compressed air. It may or may not help, but at this point you have nothing to lose. If still no-go (and you are technically inclined or have access to someone who is), try ohming the circuit board switch contacts (with the battery removed) to see if they are making and breaking contact as the switch is depressed. GL!

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones