• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help plugging in headphones unlocks screen

This didn't happen when I was on ICS and other custom ROMS with this phone. It's a function native to jellybean. If there's no way to shut it off I'll just have to deal with it.

This isn't a true solution, more of a work around, but you could use an app like AutomateIt (similar to Tasker) to turn your screen back off when the headphones are plugged in. I used the app before I changed roms to turn volume back to 100% when I plugged headphones in because I only used the headphone jack to hookup to my car radio. It worked great for me, so maybe it would work for you?

AutomateIt has a pro version, with more features unlocked, but for what I needed it (just the one thing) the free version was easy, set and forget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones