• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor Signal After Flash

Hi.
My Brother's HTC desire 310 had been dead.
It was turned on after flash but it had no IMEI because I flashed including Preloader.
after this I changed IMEI to that IMEI which is behind battery.
It works but it has very poor signal to the cell internet.
it works very slow in home but outdoor better but not normal.
I tried ShareIt for test and file transfering speed was very very slow.
What do you think?
what problem has it?

What did you flash it with? I mean what software did you change, though if you used anything other than fastboot to flash it then what tool did you use might also be relevant.
Do you mean flash tool?
it's MTK device and I used Sp flash tool.
I tried stock rom,custom rom but all had this problem.
also I have forgotten,all time,when it is turning on,it has an error CID

Upvote 0
I've no experience with that tool. But if you have a problem your best bet is to return to complete stock software. If you can find the official HTC RUU for thst device it would be the cleanest solution - I'm wondering whether by flashing different stuff you have ended up with the ROM or RIL (radio interface layer, normally part of the rom) not fully compatible with the radio firmware. A full reflash would remove that possibility.

What was the exact error message about the cid? You should need S-Off to mess up the cidnum.

Upvote 0
I've no experience with that tool. But if you have a problem your best bet is to return to complete stock software. If you can find the official HTC RUU for thst device it would be the cleanest solution - I'm wondering whether by flashing different stuff you have ended up with the ROM or RIL (radio interface layer, normally part of the rom) not fully compatible with the radio firmware. A full reflash would remove that possibility.

What was the exact error message about the cid? You should need S-Off to mess up the cidnum.
see img(error)
I will find RUU file.
what is RUU file?
ROM?

Attachments

• IMG_20180513_122934.jpg
    IMG_20180513_122934.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 0
Curious, since the Qualcomm-based HTCs I'm familiar with don't complain if you set that cid value.

That is the so-called "super CID", which means that the phone has been modified more deeply than just flashing a ROM. The "cidnum" is the "customer id number", where customer means the carrier or region the phone was intended for rather than the individual who buys it. The "super cid" is a value that bypasses this check. This allows you to flash any RUU (ROM Upgrade Utility - a HTC package that completely reflashes the phone's firmware, not just the ROM but the bootloader, recovery, baseband and everything else) rather than just one intended for that cid. The downside is that if there are different hardware variants you could flash an RUU that's not fully compatible, so you need to be certain you know what model you have.

At least that's the way it normally works with HTC. I've no experience of MTK-based devices, which have some differences in how they work.

I presume you didn't make this modification, or else you'd know what the message means. Did your brother? Or did the phone have a previous owner? If the modification was made by a previous owner and you don't know what else they did that obviously increases the risk that you'll do something incompatible.

The SKU number in that screenshot should I think identify the hardware you have. I think, based on a Google search, that it's probably a single SIM model. If so then flashing anything intended for a dual sim model could cause problems. Is it possible that is what's wrong with your reception?

I'm afraid I've not tracked down an RUU for this device yet. It may be that some of these other tools/packages for MTK devices also replace the system firmware as well as the ROM, but I'm completely unfamiliar with those so don't know.

Upvote 0
Curious, since the Qualcomm-based HTCs I'm familiar with don't complain if you set that cid value.

That is the so-called "super CID", which means that the phone has been modified more deeply than just flashing a ROM. The "cidnum" is the "customer id number", where customer means the carrier or region the phone was intended for rather than the individual who buys it. The "super cid" is a value that bypasses this check. This allows you to flash any RUU (ROM Upgrade Utility - a HTC package that completely reflashes the phone's firmware, not just the ROM but the bootloader, recovery, baseband and everything else) rather than just one intended for that cid. The downside is that if there are different hardware variants you could flash an RUU that's not fully compatible, so you need to be certain you know what model you have.

At least that's the way it normally works with HTC. I've no experience of MTK-based devices, which have some differences in how they work.

I presume you didn't make this modification, or else you'd know what the message means. Did your brother? Or did the phone have a previous owner? If the modification was made by a previous owner and you don't know what else they did that obviously increases the risk that you'll do something incompatible.

The SKU number in that screenshot should I think identify the hardware you have. I think, based on a Google search, that it's probably a single SIM model. If so then flashing anything intended for a dual sim model could cause problems. Is it possible that is what's wrong with your reception?

I'm afraid I've not tracked down an RUU for this device yet. It may be that some of these other tools/packages for MTK devices also replace the system firmware as well as the ROM, but I'm completely unfamiliar with those so don't know.
I have checked HTC website and there is no RUU for Desire 310.
I think that there are RUU for only Qualcomm devices

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones