• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ported to sprint, unsure how to pay off remaining balance of monthly installments to get it settled.

I had Verizon until two days ago, Other than the regular bill for service I am on the hook for I was also doing the 24 month installments on a device but since I ported to Sprint it needs to be paid off in full ASAP to avoid issues. After I ported I was unable to log into My Verizon which is no surprise but I tried going on their disconnected service bill pay site and can still see the final bill that I'm supposed to pay except it doesn't take the remaining balance of the monthly installments into account... is my only option to get the device installments paid off to call Verizon or is there a specific page I can find online so I can do it without calling? I already know where to go in order to pay the final bill for regular service I just need to know how also pay off my device as well since it no longer allows me to log in to My Verizon.

While a lot of cellular service companies will cover some or all of the costs of a switching to a new carriers, it's still up the customer make sure all their open accounts are paid off. Since you apparently signed up for a two-year contract with Verizon, you're still responsible for any unpaid bills and the early-withdraw penalty fee.
Also note that Sprint is in a major transition period and being dissolved as it was bought out by T-Mobile.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_Corporation

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones