• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Goals: 30-Day Android Fitness Challenge!

Now that I turned 60, my stomach needs to be fixed. I'm 6'1" and 205lbs....
Heaviest weight ever.
When I was younger I ran a mile every morning so I'm looking to get back into that, using my treadmill.
Yesterday I ran a quarter mile and had to stop from exhaustion!
Hopefully I'll lose this little gut by June?
All good on you to stay active. I was heavy set as a kid but slimed down when the girls became a priority in my life. I stayed slim all of my life without dieting or watching what I ate. I ate whatever and all I could at a setting but very rarely consumed more than one meal a day. My work was always quite physical and I worked very hard at it. I think that as well helped me to keep my weight off. Now that I've retired my weight has changed. I've lost nearly 20 pounds in the last two years but it's muscle mass. I try to stay active but it is not easy across the winter months. I ride my bike when weather allows and mow around thirty lawns a week across the summer months. The cold winter is a weight gaining problem for me. I gained 3 pounds this winter and it's all at my belt line. I started a regiment of exercises this winter, not much cardio, more movement and resistance work. If not for that, there is no telling how much weight I would have gained. At 70, the struggle is real.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Now that I turned 60, my stomach needs to be fixed. I'm 6'1" and 205lbs....
Heaviest weight ever.
When I was younger I ran a mile every morning so I'm looking to get back into that, using my treadmill.
Yesterday I ran a quarter mile and had to stop from exhaustion!
Hopefully I'll lose this little gut by June?
By June, absolutely you will. Really works your core as well. I just started it 14 days ago and I'm seeing amazing results. I'm actually doing 3 12 45, but walking for a total of 60 minutes.

I am at 3 mph for the whole 60 minutes, the first 10 minutes is slowly increasing the incline until I get to 12 incline by minute 10. From minutes 10 to 55 I stay at 12 incline. Then the last 5 minutes I lower the incline to 6 and moving it down .5 every 30 seconds or so. This has been the best results for me because it allows a warm up / get your blow flowing time and then a slow down time. Hope this helps. If I can do it at the age of 46 and just coming off gallbladder removal surgery and double hernia repair surgery you can too (y) (y)

So get off AF and get to work :goofydroid:, but please come back ;).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A 30-Day Android Fitness Challenge can be a great way to kick-start your fitness journey and improve your overall health and well-being. Here are some steps you can take to create your own 30-Day Android Fitness Challenge: Set your goals: Determine what you want to achieve with your fitness challenge. Do you want to lose weight, build muscle, improve your cardiovascular health, or simply establish a regular exercise routine? Be specific about your goals and make them measurable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A 30-Day Android Fitness Challenge can be a great way to kick-start your fitness journey and improve your overall health and well-being. Here are some steps you can take to create your own 30-Day Android Fitness Challenge: Set your goals: Determine what you want to achieve with your fitness challenge. Do you want to lose weight, build muscle, improve your cardiovascular health, or simply establish a regular exercise routine? Be specific about your goals and make them measurable.
just getting out of bed is an accomplishment for me:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
I am a former marathoner and used to run for Brooks shoes. I'm still in pretty good shape and weight (180 lbs), but I'm retired now and my knees are shot, so my goals are more modest. I just want to make slow, steady progress at the gym without getting injured. Unlike my former self, my upper body is in much better shape than my lower (lumbar spinal stenosis and arthritic knees). I go to the gym (schedule and weather allowing) 3–4 times a week and exercise from home as well (walking dog, stationary bike, and pushups). I have found an excellent app for pushups called (appropriately enough) Push Ups. This app is like having a personal trainer, it charts your progress, and you can either do local or cloud backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones