• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Okay I will start with the boring stuff first this actually kind of a last purchase/what grinds your gears combo post. So I have been on the road going on two months and it's been a while since I have done laundry. So I go to get clothes and notice that I am running seriously low on socks and underwear.
So I ended up stopping somewhere close to Walmart. I go and grab a few things including socks and underwear and a couple pairs of shorts (it had been fairly warm where I was at).
Fast forward a week. I pull into a truck stop in Wyoming it's late at night, I find a spot get parked and within twenty minutes I am out cold.
I wake up a few hours later freezing the temperature is something like 20 or 18 degrees. I throw on a jacket and get under the covers and fall back sleep.
Next morning I wake up it had snowing the night before. I go to look for jeans, none In the closet, check the shower bag which I always keep prepared with a fresh set of clothes (nothing)
So I was like where are my jeans so I started looking through storage bins, my winter storage bag and finally a bag I knew I more shorts and t shirts in.
I start going through this bag and I find two pairs of jeans
I also find about threw weeks worth of socks and underwear including an unopened pack of underwear and socks

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Work boots and shoes, hoping the current work shoes last one more summer, current work boots are in fair condition, bought a
Replacement pair just to have them on hand

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230426_213950_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230426_213950_Photos.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy A03s, replacing a worn Galaxy S5. First modern phone I've liked. I've tried S20 FE 5G, A13 5G and somehow, I end up basically liking anything with tons of negative reviews. I seem to coincidentally love what everyone else hates, so the metric I have to use now is 'tons of negative reviews? great!'

It ain't a bad phone. It goes two-three days on a charge, the Type C port actually works. It has a headphone jack and expandable storage. It scrolls smoothly, a first for Android (it feels like the butter of iOS, which was something I missed). One UI 5.x is easier on my eyes.

I waited a week because I wanted to see if I still liked it once the 'newness' wore off.

Upvote 0
I wonder if watches that aren't smartwatches are going to survive? So many people have switched to smartwatches, including my wife.
Well, the irony is that the mechanical watches I got in my collection (true mechanical, as in wind-up) will still be running after the last smartwatch has lost all support. You don't need batteries in mechanical watches. So yes, they'll survive, much like their quartz counterparts, but whether or not our society with its hatred for vintage these days (mainy with zoomers, whom I refer to as 'futurists' who criticize or make fun of anyone who dare use old tech) is going to bother wearing them anymore is another question entirely.

All the folks I see wearing smart watches (mostly Apple watches) including my family don't even use them as smart watches. They're just a glorified way for them to tell time without pulling the phone from their pocket. It's sorta a waste. They don't use any of the activity or smart features at all, or I've never seen them do so. I still get funny looks from cashiers if I use Samsung Pay. In 2017, when we finally got NFC over here, I often got accused of 'hacking' or told to leave the store by them. At least now, they know about it, but are obviously not fond of anyone using it over a chip-n-pin.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
I wonder if watches that aren't smartwatches are going to survive?
I had the Moto 360 way back when and loved it. When it died I got many cheaper smartwatchs, I really just used them for notifications not all the other bells and whistles but eventually tired of charging them and fiddling with them. I got a cheap Timex and couldn't be happier really, it's a watch that does the watch thing, nothing more - I have my phone for other stuff. Besides, indiglo and it ticks.

Upvote 0
Wearing a smartwatch is a genuine tool for a person wearing BT hearing aids. I can answer a call and view my notifications without removing my phone from my pocket. The big perk is being able to mute a streaming service or a music player via the watch when someone starts a conversation. A tap on the watch and I'm listening to the person instead of tunes. I wouldn't be without a smart watch for that reason.

Upvote 0
That's a good looking mower @ozonetrooper ! I hope it serves you well and that you have many enjoyable hours walking behind it. :)

Thnkx, I have a large yard with too many obstacles for a rider, this is a self propelled and I am hoping it will not wear me out like the gas push mower does.

Upvote 0
Wearing a smartwatch is a genuine tool for a person wearing BT hearing aids. I can answer a call and view my notifications without removing my phone from my pocket. The big perk is being able to mute a streaming service or a music player via the watch when someone starts a conversation. A tap on the watch and I'm listening to the person instead of tunes. I wouldn't be without a smart watch for that reason.
Same here I really do not need a smart watch because it might track my brain waves, or heartbeat..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones