• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power off sound

Hi, all you intelligent, resourceful, and good looking folk, I have a small problem with my phone and would be grateful for any advice. Every time I turn the phone off via the on/off button it plays the same notification sound as if I have a message, I have been through every setting I can think of to turn it off, but it also turns off the message notification. My friends S5, which is on the same version of Lollipop as mine does not have this problem, it started before I upgraded to Android 5 but even a factory reset can't get rid of it. I have the latest unbranded UK version of Lollipop. Phil
p.s. my friend and I also have the same plan from the same carrier, so I ruled that out.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones