• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

print from usb printer

Maleywan

Lurker
Nov 3, 2018
Hi, i am trying to connect a usb thermal printer to my s8. I can print receipts from its application however i need to use this printer as default one and print directly without opening the application. My mobile is not able to find the printer. Would advise what might be missing. The printer is star spt 143u.

Hi, i am trying to connect a usb thermal printer to my s8. I can print receipts from its application however i need to use this printer as default one and print directly without opening the application. My mobile is not able to find the printer. Would advise what might be missing. The printer is star spt 143u.

I'd guess the printer only supports its whatever it is proprietary(secret) protocol via the accompanying app, and not the standard methods of printing with Android. That's what's missing. And would likely be only something only the manufacturer could address, unless someone could reverse engineer and possibly hack the thing.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones