• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem accessing fastboot on G300

actomox

Lurker
Nov 7, 2012
After having tried - and failed - to flash a custom recovery to my rooted device I was left with a signature failure which I eventually recovered from by successfully flashing the stock rom downloaded from Huawei.

I decided to re-root using superrecovery. However although I have all the correct drivers, the device is listed when I connect it to the PC, and it shows up when I type adb devices from a command window, no way can I get into fastboot in order to flash superrecovery. Fastboot on my device is enabled as is USB debugging and that is correctly recognised.

When I disconnect phone from PC, remove battery, reinsert it and then power up while holding power and DOWN volume, the device boots normally, The same happens when I start and hold power and UP volume. If I hold UP and volume and DOWN volume together at the same time as the power button it boots into the pink screen. If I then connect the device to the PC and run install-superrecovery-windows.bat I get 'waiting for device'

Any suggestions on where I am going wrong gratefully received.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones