• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem after Sense 5 update

philc387

Jan 28, 2010
Hi, hoping someone can help. I've had my One X+ for a few months now and love it. I haven't been keeping up to speed with updates so was surprised to receive one today. Love everything about it, the phone is definitely quicker. The only problem I've had is when the phone tries to authorize Facebook for HTC sense. I've got the little triangle and exclamation mark in the top corner telling me there's an authorisation problem but when I tap on it takes me to a different screen, thinks about it but then goes back to the home screen with nothing changed. I've uninstalled Facebook, removed the account, started the phone and tried again but the problem is still there. In addition, my contacts are synced with Facebook but their photos are all blurry. Can anybody help? Might a factory reset work? Thanks in advance

I have exactly the same issue with FB but it happened before I did the firmware update to 4.2. At first, after the update and a hard reset (for other reasons) I found that the error message went away if I removed the FB update (v3.3) and reverted back to the original version (v2.2) as built into the phone but now that doesn't seem to work either so the error message is there permanently.

I've sent a message to FB but no answer yet.

Upvote 0
It was driving me crazy, did 2 factory resets and messed around with all of my facebook settings to no avail. This morning I tapped the notification again and next time I looked it was gone! Contacts all properly synced now and everything. I'm not sure if it was something I did or if it was just chance but I'm happy now. Can actually enjoy the new update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones