• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem answering calls with phone in pocket

chris1379

May 4, 2013
First of all I have the AT&T SGH-I537 version. I mostly use a wired headset adapter with headphones to listen to music while I work. The phone is in my pocket with the screen facing inward. I often have trouble answering calls with the headset button. The call log either says missed call or rejected. I have no problems with the phone out of my pocket so I think it might be the screen interacting with my leg. This seems to be a problem with quite a few phones. I have tried a few apps that keep the screen off when a call is received but most of them are active all the time. The one I found that can be activated by a wired or bluetooth headset is called Proximity Tool Extension. It's an older app so I'm wondering if anyone else is using it on the S4A. If not, is there something better?

Chris

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones