• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [problem with xperia xz2 charger]

Josh Kicion

Lurker
Nov 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

Recently I've just bought myself an Xperia XZ2. Everything works pretty well, except the charger included in the package. It's the UCH12 with Quick Charge 3.0; actually, it works well most of the time, but sometimes I find out that the device is still being charged but the battery percentage doesn't increase or increase slowly.

The retailer said that my device was brand-new when imported, but they had to unbox them and transport the package separately with the device due to some law limits. So, I'm afraid that my device is not original and my issue above comes from this.

Any ideas on my issue? Thanks a lot!

There are generally two modes of charging for phones- USB and AC.

Forget about the fact that DC current and a USB cable are used for both- I am just stating what they are called on your phone.

USB is very slow charging, and is what you get from the USB jack of a laptop or the like.

AC is the fast charge that you get from an adapter plugged into the wall.

If you are using the charger that it came with, and it is plugged into the wall, go to:

Settings
Battery

Here you should see a notation of what type of charge the phone is getting.

If you are using the wall charger, and the phone says 'USB Charging' (or similar) the first thing to do is to try a different cord with the same charger.

A damaged, cheap, or too long of cord can have enough current drop to cause the issue you describe.

Here is a screenshot of my Battery page, when I am using a 1.5A charger with a flat 10' long cord.

If I was using a bad cord, or if I was plugged into a computer's USB jack for charging, it would say 'USB' instead of 'AC'.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-28_01-32-35.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-28_01-32-35.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones