• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems Getting Referral Credit

aml1025

Android Enthusiast
Jan 31, 2013
Twin Cities, MN
At first, VM's referral program was great, but in the past few months, it seems like every referral has been denied for one reason or another. The last credit I got (other than one for a phone in my own household) required several emails back and forth from both the person I referred and myself, repeating information until it was suddenly "approved."

Is anyone else having these issues? It's especially bad for me with some of the forum referrals, where I can't necessarily contact the other person to have them confirm their information. It makes me feel like VM is dangling the incentive in front of us, then refusing to follow through... and I hate that.

Yeah, not too sure about this, i don't have a lot of information in regards to this promo. Clearly this post was a little old, but seeing that no one replied, i figured i'd just chime in here and post a quote from the VM website.

Thanks for your interest in the Refer A Friend program. Unfortunately, after much thought, we’ve decided to close this program starting January 7, 2014.
No need to fret, we have tons of other great programs that you can read more about here. Stay tuned for updates and make sure to check out the Members Lounge for the latest fashion, movie, music and travel member benefits!

and you can find that quote on the virgin website in the members lounge.

sorry i couldn't be of more help, best of luck man!

- Virgin Calvin.

Reactions: aml1025
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones