• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Professional Sports the Covid-19 issue

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ok so looks like we started up the economy a bit early as this pandemic is raging all over Ca, Az, Tx, and Fl as well as some other states.

But the show must go on as they say and a majority of your biggest sports are but to either re-launch their season or start a brand new albeit a much shorter season.

the NBA will be re-launching the season at the end of july, while MLB is starting its opening day tomorrow, Thursday.

anybody excited about it? should we put an asterisk for this year? meaning if let's say the LA Lakers win the title, it will most definitely count. but should it be known that it was during a pandemic?

or let's say my Boys in blue, the Dodgers, win the World Series. Does the pandemic taint the accomplishment? i mean for the Dodgers, they will be playing only 60 games and it will only be from teams basically on the Western side of the US.

so i want this thread to be pretty much about your favorite teams in this era of the pandemic. it does not matter what sport it is. this thread can accomodate all sports. i'm curious if you will be watching or streaming the games?

Reactions: MrJavi
    i'll start:
    so i am super excited that Mookie Betts is going to be a Dodger for a very long time......13 years!!!!!!! that is just crazy. i hope he stays relevant for that long. the Dodgers are almost a given to be in the World Series this year given how this year will play out during the pandemic. there are not really any good teams to compete with here in the west.....which is why i'm pissed at this pandemic. i really wanted to see what this team can really do during the long an grueling summer that is major league baseball. but with playing only teams where they do not need to travel much, there really is no competition. i hope this all blows over by 2021. i think they are pretty set for that season as well. ....especially with they talent they have in the minors

the Lakers have a much harder time, since everyone is in the bubble that is Walt Disney World. i'm curious to see how they will compete with the Clippers among the many other teams.

Upvote 0
    P&CA, but has the NBA and NFL sorted out their China and other political problems yet?
    not sure but with the escalation with the folks at chinese consulate being kicked out.....i doubt anything will get resolved.....especially in the nba with what happened during the preseason last year.

Upvote 0
    so i missed the lakers "warm-up" game against Dallas. it's recorded, so i will watch it later.

currently watching the Dodgers game. it is kind of wierd. they have cardboard people behind the plate and have added replicated crowd noise so it is not so quite. but at least we have sports to watch and i can root for my teams again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones