• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Putting music from iTunes on an Android Phone

gelliosf

Lurker
Jun 7, 2020
Hi All -

I’ve been a long time Apple user. I tried to switch with the Note 9, but returned it because I couldn’t figure out how to sync music between iTunes and the Note 9. I found some programs however, they couldn’t import duplicates. I am huge classical music buff, so for example, I have tracks titled “Symphony No. 7” by a good dozen composers. I wouldn’t allow me to add them all because it saw them as duplicates.

If anyone has an easy way let me know, please. I’ve searched YouTube and everything there is so old, and it did not work last time.

Thanks,
Gellio

Hi All -

I’ve been a long time Apple user. I tried to switch with the Note 9, but returned it because I couldn’t figure out how to sync music between iTunes and the Note 9. I found some programs however, they couldn’t import duplicates. I am huge classical music buff, so for example, I have tracks titled “Symphony No. 7” by a good dozen composers. I wouldn’t allow me to add them all because it saw them as duplicates.

If anyone has an easy way let me know, please. I’ve searched YouTube and everything there is so old, and it did not work last time.

Thanks,
Gellio

Is your music actually ID3 tagged at all, so software knows if "Symphony No. 7" is by say Brahms or Liszt?

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Just copy your music folders using a USB cable. Absolutely no need for any special software.

You and I think of music as files on a storage device, but I've been through this itunes thing several times at my office .. Apple assumes everyone's a ****** and needs to be held by the hand, and make it difficult for normies to perform (understand) basic functions.

Upvote 0
Apple tend to not advertise where they store music, but once you find the directory it's all nicely laid-out (folders by artist/album).

But my real motivation for posting "you don't need anything like that" is that the member in question (whose post is no longer present) was a shill: they'd done nothing since joining except posting recommendations for that piece of software, searching out threads they can post to. They presented themselves as an ordinary user, but their single-minded focus on promoting that piece of software says otherwise. And that renders their recommendation worthless to my mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
apple-select-output-format (1).png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones