• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q] LGNPST NV Edit mode

bads3ctor

Mar 3, 2012
/dev/null
I'm about to give up on this phone and this is a last ditch effort to get it into NV Edit mode using LGNPST. I have tried all the versions of LGNPST from 1.2 to 2.2.3 and every Windows version from XP pro to Windows 8. I'm using LGNPST_LG860.dll.

When clicking Phone Setting and entering the SPC, I get nothing. LGNPST just sits there doing nothing. If anyone has gotten this phone into NV write mode, I'd like to know how you did it.

Just a thought - you DO have the driver for the phone installed in the computer, right?

Yes. LGNPST reads the phone and identifies it as an LG LS860 and reads the phone data corectly. I have been able to zero out one "forbidden number" ;) using cdma workshop but thats as far as I have gotten.

I can read NV data using DFS but I can not write anything. I have read that you have to use LGNPST to put the phone into NV write mode before you can write to the "forbidden areas".

Edit: Finally got my LG Mach onto Virgin Mobile with everything working except data is 1xRTT. All done without using LGNPST.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones