• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Net10

Ok, Ive been a Net10 customer for 3 years now, as well has my twin but we both are curious about something.

How long do we have to have our phones before Net10 will agree to unlock them so that we (mainly myself) leave their service? We have the prepaid phones and rightfully own them, but with all the who-ha going on about unlocking phones now, Id much rather be safe than sorry.

So yea, does anyone know what the time frame is for this......or am I going to be have to stay with a NON contract service that I want to rid myself from?

Ok, Ive been a Net10 customer for 3 years now, as well has my twin but we both are curious about something.

How long do we have to have our phones before Net10 will agree to unlock them so that we (mainly myself) leave their service? We have the prepaid phones and rightfully own them, but with all the who-ha going on about unlocking phones now, Id much rather be safe than sorry.

So yea, does anyone know what the time frame is for this......or am I going to be have to stay with a NON contract service that I want to rid myself from?
Which phone?

Which network does it run on?
never mind I see you have it listed in your info.
From what other people have said net10 will not unlock phones but you may be in luck there is(I believe) something going through congress that makes it legal for you to unlock your own paid for device. Obama has pledged to sign it.

ok if your using the zte merit, which it looks like it is an att phone originally it can run on straight talk (with att sim, hard to find but still can get) it can run on att postpaid or prepaid. Red Pocket is also an option I think.
really it can run on any carrier that uses att for service.

Also go to the best att store you have around you and see if they could unlock it for you. some will some wont.

Upvote 0
Which phone?

Which network does it run on?
never mind I see you have it listed in your info.
From what other people have said net10 will not unlock phones but you may be in luck there is(I believe) something going through congress that makes it legal for you to unlock your own paid for device. Obama has pledged to sign it.

ok if your using the zte merit, which it looks like it is an att phone originally it can run on straight talk (with att sim, hard to find but still can get) it can run on att postpaid or prepaid. Red Pocket is also an option I think.
really it can run on any carrier that uses att for service.

Also go to the best att store you have around you and see if they could unlock it for you. some will some wont.

Seen some At&t sims for straight talk when web surfing the other day....liked to choke on my soda when I seen what they cost, friggin $75 some cost more :fisheye::flybye: all in all its worth it and I've spent more on phones that I only keep a year or so.

Never thought of going to AT&T and requesting an unlock.

Net10 gave me my puk code, but I dont know how to enter it without locking the sims up intentionally, which I done...its still locked though because it says "phone is sim locked" when I place another sim in it.....unless Im doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
Seen some At&t sims for straight talk when web surfing the other day....liked to choke on my soda when I seen what they cost, friggin $75 some cost more :fisheye::flybye: all in all its worth it and I've spent more on phones that I only keep a year or so.

Never thought of going to AT&T and requesting an unlock.

Net10 gave me my puk code, but I dont know how to enter it without locking the sims up intentionally, which I done...its still locked though because it says "phone is sim locked" when I place another sim in it.....unless Im doing something wrong.
You should be able to put another provider sim in, the phone will say locked, and enter code to unlock. put the code they gave in.

Reactions: blue_angel
Upvote 0
You should be able to put another provider sim in, the phone will say locked, and enter code to unlock. put the code they gave in.

So I put the other Sim card in it, when it says "phone is sim locked. Emergency calls only" I enter the puk code? Hold on.....

Yea, hun I just tried. It tells me "12760139 is not an emergency number":(

What now?? I would sooooo love to unlock my phone.:bawling:

Wait.....would it make a diffrence if the sim I used is an at&t sim card??

Upvote 0
So I put the other Sim card in it, when it says "phone is sim locked. Emergency calls only" I enter the puk code? Hold on.....

Yea, hun I just tried. It tells me "12760139 is not an emergency number":(

What now?? I would sooooo love to unlock my phone.:bawling:

Wait.....would it make a diffrence if the sim I used is an at&t sim card??
att sim wont show as locked. it will just work.

try t mobile, but on the phone when you put a different sim in it will have a place to enter lock code, it wont open the dialer.

I just checked on an old att phone I have with the t mobile sim in, it says Invalid sim card network lock. then it has a button for unlock then it will say or might say you only have certain number of tries, do you want to try, you tap yes and it will open a box to enter numbers.

Upvote 0
att sim wont show as locked. it will just work.

try t mobile, but on the phone when you put a different sim in it will have a place to enter lock code, it wont open the dialer.

I just checked on an old att phone I have with the t mobile sim in, it says Invalid sim card network lock. then it has a button for unlock then it will say or might say you only have certain number of tries, do you want to try, you tap yes and it will open a box to enter numbers.

:( Im not sure what I'm doing wrong :(
The Net10 lady gave the puk to me, I put it in the phone after placing the sim card I found in a cheap phone that my son found when we moved in this house when it told me sim is network locked, emergency calls only & was told the puk number I entered wasn't an emergency number. Powered the phone off, waiteda few, powered it back on to see it say sim locked over grey screen and emergency numbers only.

What am I doing wrong here Optimus? Other than trying to unlock a Net10 phone running off at&t towers with an at&t sim from another phone? It wasnt a trackfone sim but an actual at&t 3g sim.

Any idea of a cheapee phone unlocker? PM me. Ive been scolded by a Net10 support rep thats reading my post for some reason. They give me a damn puk code to unlock the damn thing and shes going to scold me for attempting to do just that and unlock it, as if Im some child. I dont want to get you in any kind of trouble. I was given it via email a few days ago and still have that email just for this VERY reason. Wish I could figure out hoe to forward it to post here. I dont know what this Mia from Net10s problem is. I OBTAINED THE RIGHT TO UNLOCK MY PHONE WHEN I RECEIVED THE PUK IN MY EMAIL.

Sorry for that, just gets under my skin, Net10 does. .some people I swear. Neway screw her, i got it the legit way. Just have to figure out how to use it. Never get warning about so many more attempts when trying to unlock it.

Upvote 0
:( Im not sure what I'm doing wrong :(
The Net10 lady gave the puk to me, I put it in the phone after placing the sim card I found in a cheap phone that my son found when we moved in this house when it told me sim is network locked, emergency calls only & was told the puk number I entered wasn't an emergency number. Powered the phone off, waiteda few, powered it back on to see it say sim locked over grey screen and emergency numbers only.

What am I doing wrong here Optimus? Other than trying to unlock a Net10 phone running off at&t towers with an at&t sim from another phone? It wasnt a trackfone sim but an actual at&t 3g sim.

Any idea of a cheapee phone unlocker? PM me. Ive been scolded by a Net10 support rep thats reading my post for some reason. They give me a damn puk code to unlock the damn thing and shes going to scold me for attempting to do just that and unlock it, as if Im some child. I dont want to get you in any kind of trouble. I was given it via email a few days ago and still have that email just for this VERY reason. Wish I could figure out hoe to forward it to post here. I dont know what this Mia from Net10s problem is. I OBTAINED THE RIGHT TO UNLOCK MY PHONE WHEN I RECEIVED THE PUK IN MY EMAIL.

Sorry for that, just gets under my skin, Net10 does. .some people I swear. Neway screw her, i got it the legit way. Just have to figure out how to use it. Never get warning about so many more attempts when trying to unlock it.
ok, will take this to pm. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones