• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick Dialer

Hi,
Really can't find a decent speed dialer for my s3 on 4.04
Just want 4 or 6 pictures of the freinds I phone most. As a widget on my home screen.
No going into apps etc
Anybody?

I've spent a reasonable amount of time looking for something similar as well. The issue I have is that any app/widget like this just dials the last number that the contact called from/was called at and this may not be the one you wish to use. Most of my 'contacts' have a landline and mobile (and work, etc etc) so you need to be able to choose. For that reason I always have whichever app/widget I'm using set to 'view contact details' rather than dial direct. Partly because of this (the amount of touches you need to phone a number) I just use a contacts app.

I use DW Contacts, which is set in the docking bar of my ICS running phone, and have the main contact list as the first screen, ordered with 'most frequently contacted'. This way all my 'favourites' come up first. You can also set contacts to be 'favourites' and have this tab open.

Works for me anyway.

Dave

PS: I'm a Brit so my spelling of 'favourite' is correct ... :p

Upvote 0
This post will probably be a waste of time, but that's never shut me up before.

I have a Bionic and with it comes MotoBlur. MotoBlur has a widget that puts four speed dials directly on your home screen and with the flip of your thumb (or finger) you have access to about 12 more. When there are more than four numbers, it gives you a list to choose from. I find this widget quite handy and have ditched other launcher replacements because I couldn't use the app with them. Some brilliant dev somewhere has probably ripped this from MotoBlur, but I haven't looked for it. In fact, while typing this I have to ask myself, "Since you prefer Nova Launcher to MotoBlur, why haven't you looked for that widget so you can use it?" If anybody know where I can find an apk for it, please let me know.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones