• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Unknown Notification

cidyp2003

Lurker
Dec 31, 2018
This is the second time I'm asking on a forum and trying to reword it.

My phone has been doing this for over a year now (it started completely randomly after I had my phone for a few months): completely randomly(sometimes 4 or 5 times a day, sometimes only once) making an old facebook notification sound with no notification bar. If my phone is on silent, it doesn't make the sound but vibrates(nothing is supposed to vibrate when my phone is on silent).

I have completely looked through all of my notifications, apps, and settings. I tried uninstalling facebook and messenger(I barely use them anyway), and I don't have a device maintenance app, although I did download one just to check if I had some sort of virus(it said I didn't) and then uninstalled it.
The only apps I have downloaded are apps like Youtube, Google, Memrise, Instagram and other trustworthy apps with millions of downloads.

I also downloaded a notification history app. It showed all of my notifications except this odd thing I was hearing.

The problem with it is: it is annoying and creepy, and, like I said, it still vibrates when my phone is on silent.

My question is: Do you have any idea what it could be or do you have any similar experience?

PLEASE help me. I just want it to STOP.

Just because you have your phone on silent doesn't mean it still won't vibrate... if you look at settings, sounds and notifications, notification mode, make sure mute is set as your default sound.
That way you'll get no vibration whatsoever...
Also, fwiw, lose the Facebook app and access it using your browser...

Upvote 0
Just because you have your phone on silent doesn't mean it still won't vibrate... if you look at settings, sounds and notifications, notification mode, make sure mute is set as your default sound.
That way you'll get no vibration whatsoever...
Also, fwiw, lose the Facebook app and access it using your browser...

I dont have facebook anymore and my phone is definitely on silent, not vibrate. Nothing else is vibrating my phone and I went through all settings I could. It's happened 3 times today :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones