• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

REALLY, really dumb question - i hope !

pootler

Lurker
Apr 28, 2021
O.K,

I am trying to switch from a windows car pc to an android version.

To be honest, car pc's are a real dinosaur, so I was hoping for a lot more innovation in the android field.

So '........... I am trying several android car launchers to try to get a feel for things.

I have an allergy ( :) ) to Google services, so do not want any google voice search, or android auto.

Happy with offline maps as well.

I am now finding a problem with what I think should be one of the most basic things - that is , making and receiving calls.

First off, I have a 10 inch android tablet on which I am trialling these apps.

I am connecting my nokia smartphone ( android 11 ) to the tablet via bluetooth.

NOW....... I foolishly thought that android could take care of the rest without much tweaking.

By that i mean, if my phone is connected and sharing contacts, why can't I click on the ''phone ' icons on the apps, and get either 1) a dialler, or 2) a list of contacts??

Am I wrong? - is that not one of the most basic things - to connect your phone to a tablet and use the tablet app to make calls using your connected phone?

I have had no luck doing this , and have found little info on the web.

I am sure I am going mad, but could anyone give me an idiots guide to how to achieve this?

Many Thanks

pootler

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones