• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Receiving individual texts as group mms

Amatheus

Lurker
Nov 2, 2017
So I am having this really odd and annoying issue where occasionally I'll receive individual texts from people in a new MMS group thread with just myself and the other person in them.

It usually happens when I turn off my phone and receive a message upon powering it back up.

I like to have my text threads consolidated, and since there is no way I can find to delete/remove someone from an MMS or move the text to another conversation/text thread it clutters my list of conversation threads.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and know how to solve it, or even just have any ideas?

So it comes as if the person created a separate group with just you and them?
Any possibility that that's exactly what happens, that the person made a group by mistake?
If someone writes a very long text message it automatically converts to an mms. Is that what might be happen happening here?
Did you try a different texting app? Maybe yours is causing problems.

Upvote 0
So it comes as if the person created a separate group with just you and them?
Any possibility that that's exactly what happens, that the person made a group by mistake?
If someone writes a very long text message it automatically converts to an mms. Is that what might be happen happening here?
Did you try a different texting app? Maybe yours is causing problems.

It's doing it with short messages as well, and I doubt that multiple people are going to the trouble to make a group mms when they could just use the existing thread. I'll try switching my default texting app and see if that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones