• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recycle Bin

AliWiseman

Lurker
Sep 25, 2012
Hi people.

Is there a recycle bin buried somewhere within the Xperia S? Having deleted some pictures, I'd like to be able to grab them back, and rather than using an undelete app I'd rather be able to just go grab them, assuming that there is no autoclear set up on the as yet to be discovered recycle bin! lol!

I deleted a couple of pictures once from my received files in yahoo messenger, only for them to reappear (and be subsequently deleted again) so I have to assume that stuff which is deleted is not actually eaten and shredded instantly.

I see on other posts that Android phones don't usually have recycle bins. I'm hoping this is not the case here, which is why i'm posting. :)

Many thanks for reading

Sony xperia does not have recycle bin, this is because the limited storage of mobile phone, if there's a recycle bin, soon the mobile phone storage will run out.

But do not need to worry, you can still recover deleted files from mobile phone. I had come across an article which tells how to recover deleted files from mobile phone, you may take a look:
How to recover deleted files from Sony Xperia phone

I sent this to one of my friend who accidentally deleted files from his Samsung phone, and he successfully got back deleted photos. hope that it helps you too!

Upvote 0
Mobile phone like Sony xperia do not have recycle bin, this is because the limited storage of mobile phone, if there's a recycle bin, soon the mobile phone storage will run out.

But do not need to worry, you can still recover deleted files from mobile phone. I had come across an article which tells how to recover deleted files from mobile phone, you may take a look:
How to recover deleted files from Sony Xperia phone

I sent this to one of my friend who accidentally deleted files from his Samsung phone, and he successfully got back deleted photos. hope that it helps you too!

I was also looking for recycle bin can not find in my Sony Xpedia, because I deleted photos wrongly few days ago. The guide said that I should stop using the phone immediately after files are deleted, but I continued using the phone, so is it still possible to get back my deleted photos?

edit:
since I didn't get answer back so I just tried to follow and guide, and amazingly it helped me get back all my photos!! I am so thankful now!

Upvote 0
dumpster is the only app I know that can prevent things like this from happening.
To recover pictures, you can use applications on your PC, while connecting your phone to PC. if you have root access, you can download SD mounter 2.0 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1744878) to set your connection mode to MSC (MTP won't work).

If you don't have root, you must use MTP. there is only one application for windows I know that can work. It's called testdisk

I've had the very same issue as you (only I had a video) and tried about 15 kinds of software. None of them worked, except testdisk. It's the best program ever!

Upvote 0
Actually, there is a recycle bin of sort.

ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE:
Launch ES Explorer (or your preferred file manager). Switch to SD Card. Navigate to \.estrongs\recycle directory. You should see your deleted stuff (some sorted in folders). *You know what to do next :)*

ON YOUR COMPUTER
Open your SD Card. Navigate to [Drive:]\.estrongs\recycle directory. There's your deleted stuff (some sorted in folders).

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones