• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reminders / Skype delayed

Withnail42

Lurker
Jun 25, 2018
Hello all,

For these last two weeks or so, my daily noon reminder (built-in Samsung app) is erratic. It will go off pretty much whenever it feels like it, and sometimes not at all. If I restart the phone, it will sometimes pop.

At the same time, Skype no longer gives notifications. I have verified the settings and reinstalled it several times. Chats can also be delayed. I'll even open it up and there will be nothing, and then I'll get messages from two hours ago.

They have to be related. I tried checking for software updates, both OTA and on wi-fi, and it just sits there. Any suggestions?

Edit: It finally connected after yet another phone restart, and said my OS is up to date. Skype was okay for a few minutes, but once again is giving me 'updating conversation...' and 'connecting...' messages.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones