• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remote work or on-site?

I just read this article and thought I'd share it.
I'm hearing there's alot of remote workers complaining about returning to the office.
Since Covid-19 hit, employees still think they have the upper hand with the employer as to where they are working.
Newsflash! Your employer can dictate to you where you are going to be working from! If you're not happy with that, find a different job!
Lol! Wake up and drive to your job and be thankful you still have one!
Sorry but that's my rant....

I agree!
What's happened to people?
I don't get it. I will admit that I always looked forward to returning home from work. I loved working but I missed home and family. As much as I loved my family, I wouldn't want to hang out with them 24-7. My wife worked away from home as well. The return home from work and that reunion was special.
Maybe the at home office people multitasks while working. A bit of work mixed with some goof off while on the clock. Maybe there is some merit in being a recluse. It's beyond me for I never worked anywhere besides my workplace.

Upvote 0
I mix where I work from, and always have. Some days I'm doing things that I need to be there in person for, and some days I'm not. If I'm not then I'll choose whether I go in or not depending on what I'm doing or how I feel: some days I may feel it will be more productive in the office, some days the opposite. Many of the people I work with are in other institutes or other countries, so for much of my work it doesn't matter where I am.

Of course if you have to commute to and from work that is dead time for many people (especially those who drive), and can be a complete pain, so I perfectly understand that people who've discovered that they can do their job without that don't want to go back to it. Others may mix work with other responsibilities (of course decent employers included flexibility for that before the pandemic). Many employers are fine with this, as many have found that some people work better that way, and I know of companies that have cut their office costs as a result. I also know some big companies locally who work in a mixed mode, with people expected to come in some days but free to choose on others (depending on their role). I would say that a rational employer should be concerned with what works best, and that if they feel they must insist that everyone is in the office at all times regardless of whether that's necessary or even whether the person has worked as well (or better) remotely then they aren't as good a manager as they probably think they are. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am a free lancer writer, and artist though, I do at my side occupation, I did not miss much on "Huge time off" until the store was remodled last fall time.. We did not want to rush into anything at all, but some how it does not matter on how much the balance was at all, just a little bit and this or that mixed in anything. But I do whatever I can writing, besidesmostly remote until I get back at home..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones