• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reset Without Internet

artbytes

Android Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2011
The wifi connection on my Tab 2 no longer works at all. A remedy I've received from multiple sources is to reset to factory. If only I could. Whenever I try, it wants to login to my Samsung account, which it can't do without an Internet connection. It just spins and spins. Same when I try to just delete the account. Any suggestions?

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_2_10_1_p5100-4567.php
A Galaxy Tab 2 is an eight year old device, there's a good chance that whatever router you have is using newer WiFi protocols than this tablet can support.
What router model do you have? Most will be using newer protocols by default but some do include support for older ones (i.e. 802.11b) if you manually reconfigure its settings.
But given how dated this tablet is, there are software and hardware limitations to seriously consider -- there are unavoidable security and privacy issues involved so be very, very judicious doing anything online. It's old device running an operating system and apps that have been abandoned for several years.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones