• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers is being unreasonable

Voltex

Nov 20, 2011
Yesterday, I ordered a smartphone from Rogers through my company's employee plan. Since I am already an existing Rogers customer, I was able to choose not to go with a data plan, making my plan $29/month (no data). I made the order, and it successfully went through.order confirmation receipt).

Today, I got an email from Rogers saying that apparently I need to have a data plan with the phone, even though the website has an option to only go with a voice plan for that phone (only for existing Rogers customers; new customers ordering through the employee plan have to have a data plan). I have ALL 4 services from Rogers (TV, home phone, internet and wireless) and have been a loyal Rogers customer for many years, and they're saying I need a data plan even though it doesn't say anywhere on the website that there has to be a data plan.

In what manner should I argue with Rogers? Should I be very demanding? Or, should I "sweet-talk" them into giving it to me? I'm leaning towards the first option since I'm pretty pissed off right now, but I'd like to hear your suggestions too.

first question is you already have a plan but it isn't a smart phone with data? You have to understand that a subsidized phone besides being the root of all cell evil is how they gouge thousands of dollars from you over the 3 years so yeah, they want you to pay for data.

Best and only solution is the same I'd suggest for anyone, buy the phone elsewhere or at full price with no contract and then either put your SIM in it or get a voice only plan. Cheaper in the long run is just one reason to do it that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones