• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] >Another Update!< Origin v2.1 - 5/4/14

hello,

I installed karzykat.. Its working excellent :) I liked it.. Thank you David.. let me give it 2 3 days then will let you know if any issue. and i guess we can give gallery as addon so that people can install it themself so it will save in data..

All per spc or msl is concern, This rom doesnt effect it. I checked on mine its same. btw,
Online MEID Converter - Convert ESN,MEID, and IMEI from HEX/DEC with MetroPCS SPC this site gives default spc of vital, if you haven't changed it yet...

Upvote 0
Just want you to know I finally took the plunge and flashed your ROM. This was my first flash ever so I was really uneasy about it all. Anyways everything went PERFECTLY! I even rebooted a few times in disbelief lol The first boot animation took forever but the second boot was lightning fast. Still have cell service and everything I touched seemed to run smoothly. I have only one thing that's bugging me so far. My battery level will only charge to 89% and then the charge quits. Is anyone else having battery level display issues? I'll report back here after a full day of use :) I appreciate all your hard work. Anything else you recommend doing after flashing this ROM? Any tweaks that need to be performed that aren't already included?

Upvote 0
actually i just encountered an issue. when installing non market apps it won't let you keep the unknown sources box ticked which prevents you from installing from outside sources. Is there a way around this?

This is an issue with the stock ROM... and it's annoying for sure. Try rebooting. If that doesn't work, try reflashing the ROM.

Basically, the stock ROM messes up settings wise. For example, a lot of people can't change the brightness on this phone because it won't let them. Some people can't turn wifi on. For you, it looks like you can't check unknown sources. Nobody really knows how to fix these glitches, but if I reboot, it tends to fix the issues. Same with reflashing the ROM. If worst comes to worst, you will have to backup important apps and then factory reset. This will fix the issue for sure.

I've had this problem on all ROMs for this phone since they're all based off stock.

Oh, also try going into developer settings and make sure USB debugging is on. Then reboot

Upvote 0
Thanks for going in depth about it but apparently all the issues resolved overnight without reboots... Super weird. For future reference all I did was mess around with different settings outside of developer settings like display/sound/input just getting the phone back up to speed with my mobile style. Haven't had any issues with brightness or wifi that's for sure. I would have flipped lol So as it stands this is actually a perfectly fine working ROM and everything is smooth on my end.

Upvote 0
Hey, so I installed Krazy Kat from Happy Bean, maybe one day ago, and now my phone charges VERY slowly. Probably around 4x slower than it used too. Does anyone know why, or how to fix it? Would I need to recalibrate my battery? If so, how? If it's my battery's fault, would replacing it with a replacement battery fix it?

Upvote 0
Hey, so I installed Krazy Kat from Happy Bean, maybe one day ago, and now my phone charges VERY slowly. Probably around 4x slower than it used too. Does anyone know why, or how to fix it? Would I need to recalibrate my battery? If so, how? If it's my battery's fault, would replacing it with a replacement battery fix it?

I've heard of temp files causing this issue or sometimes left over data from an old rom. Reflashing in most cases will help resolve issues. Now I'm curious though and David might have the answer to this. Does this ROM have a mAh cap on the charge or a fast charge feature?

Upvote 0

It's probably a battery issue or a stock ROM issue. I don't have any problems with charging

Upvote 0
I've heard of temp files causing this issue or sometimes left over data from an old rom. Reflashing in most cases will help resolve issues. Now I'm curious though and David might have the answer to this. Does this ROM have a mAh cap on the charge or a fast charge feature?

That's true, reflashing usually takes care of those temp files. And nope! I don't even know how to program a mAh cap or a fast charging feature

Upvote 0
Great update :) I just installed v2.1 and it runs well so far. The only problem im having is that im still getting the msl error. Anyone else?

What did Sprint do in the last update? Geez. I didn't touch anything that would cause the msl problem. If someone could grab logcats or find a solution, that would be cool

Upvote 0
Heres something I noticed. When I restart the phone some of the icons disappear. Icons that I placed manually disappear on restart while icons automatically placed when you install an app from the store remain.

Apparently this is an issue with the Google now launcher (Google needs to update it). Apps installed to the SD card won't be shown on the home screen after a reboot. Hopefully, there is an update soon

Upvote 0
Nevermind, I flashed back to the stock rom to see if my msl would work and yeh it still was giving me the msl error. The msl from the meid converter isnt working for me, i dont think its a problem with your rom. Ill have to call vm or something lol

I bet they figured out that people were turning off tethering and they blocked it with the update. Dang

Upvote 0
I flashed your rom and it's been working great!
Is it possible to add google camera app (currently kitkat only) to the rom? I wanted to try the new features everyone's been talking about.
Thanks

Nope... We will have to wait for this phone to be updated to Kit Kat officially or someone will have to port cyanogenmod 11

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones