• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rom comparison

Odin89

Android Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2013
heart of tx
www.google.com
hey yall. i have a question for someone who knows roms quite well. i have the galaxy amp 2 from cricket wireless. looking at specs online its actually a galaxy J1 (2016). one of the J series. only problem im having is finding stock firmware as this amp 2 version of the device runs marshmallow. the question i have is if i were to want to flash other stock j1 firmwares (mine is J120az, there are j120h, j120fn and other varients) is there a way to see wich of the stock firmwares would match mine with a file browser or some other way. havent found a recovery for the device. was actually curious if one of the j1 varients recoveries would work or if the code name "amp 2" cricket wireless gave it is something it needs

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones