• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Hydra v2.0 - 04/19/13 - VM & SPRINT

Which is also in the prerequisites: "If you extract everything and try to re-compress it, you will break things. Being Linux based, Windows will lose files making your ROM not work. So only open and drag things in and out. This applies to APK files as well."

I've noticed the same thing happens on Linux as well. When I still had my laptop I was porting a rom to the optimus v, using Linux and without thinking extracted using file roller and it still killed it. Or maybe I just have bad luck.

Upvote 0
I've been wanting to create a theme for a ROM, and I wanted to try UOT, but it's down for me. Do you have any other suggestions for a theming tool? Hopefully I can move from theming to creating a custom ROM, but I'm taking baby steps here lol

Ninja morph. Meta morph. zipthemer. Manually theme it yourself.

Checkout the theme section on this thread
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=520236

Upvote 0
Extended power menu instructions updated, finally.

Also, when Hydra's updated, it will comes with all of the bug fixes that have been completed, including fixes for the ROM-specific bugs, like Tagged and ICS Elite, even Aeneas, in addition to having all of the performance enhancements that have been discovered by the community. However, some bugs, like the Bluetooth bug, that came with the phone out of the box, may not be fixed (the Bluetooth one isn't, but many bugs from stock have also been fixed over time).

Reactions: pOsSuM72
Upvote 0
I think it has to do with the fact that the phone doesn't actually know how much charge the phone has left. It's making estimates based on the voltage level and I'm sure a few other variables including the battery stats. I've noticed often the battery level will rise a little bit after the initial drop after you reboot.

It is a mystery though, where does the charge go? Does rebooting actually cause a sudden drop in battery charge; or is android so convinced of said drop that it acts it out as if it were true? A quick internet search shows more questions than answers. The world may never know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones