• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM-PORTING]--Do it yourself !! ~By-GTA~

Did you guys found it useful ?

• Nope .....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gta

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2011
Earth.
--~~If u don't know what you are doing then please stay away~~--

--~~Before proceeding further please take a nandroid backup first~~--

--~~If anything goes wrong don't point finger at me ... u are doing at ur own risk~~--

:)--------Welcome To GTA's DIY ROM Porting guide---------:)
Want new ROMS For a73 ? Then mumble no more ! Here I'm presenting u all a guide For porting ROMS ........
-- FIRST READ THIS SMALL LINE BELOW BEFORE GOING FURTHER --
--don't expect ROMS Like cyanogen-mod or MIUI for a device from mmx coz they don't release kernel sources--
.This Guide will guide u to port ROMS for our device i.e mmx a73 AND ROMS based on MTK6573 Will ONLY work on this phone coz it too uses the same SoC.
anyways enough of talk .. lets come on the main point :p
REQUIREMENTS -
--Rooted phone w/ CWM Installed --
--A sd-card(Duh!)--
--[OPTIONAL]Stock Baseband files of mmx A73 located in system/etc/firmware[OPTIONAL-u'll know further why]--
--Basic android knowledge--

PROCEDURE -
[For porting u must select a device which has same resolution of Display i.e - HVGA & device must be based on mtk6573 cpu ]
- Pick any ROM from other device based on mtk6573 for example - lenovo a60 , micromax a75 , spice mi350n , HD7 , alcatel id918n etc ......
- Once downloaded the ROM .... It would be in zip format .......
- Open it !
- Replace the downloaded ROM's boot.img inside the zip with boot.img provided by mastermind1024 for a73 .
- throw the .zip ROM to ur sd-card .... boot to recovery .. flash ! enjoy !!

--OPTIONAL-parts--

1.) changing device name ........
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- In the zip locate to "system" folder then open buid.prop .
- Then change the device name to a73 like here are some lines - ro.product.model=A60
ro.product.brand=lenovo
replace the product model to a73 & brand to micromax ...

2.0--CHANGING BASE-BAND FILES[optional if facing network issues with ported ROM]--

U must be on stock rom & rooted first .... open root explorer or any other file manager with root support ..... then navigate to system/etc/firmware....... copy all files inside that folder to Ur sd-card in safe location...... then transfer those files to ur PC/Computer keep them is safe place....... paste them in the the rom which u will be using in same location from where u extracted them ....... that's it !!

--CREDITS--
aayush datta for his rom !
-- mastermind1024 for his boot.img :rolleyes: --
-- varun.chitre15 , akshaybz , ninad ------ these are the guys who inspired me !:) --
--Finally! me !:)--

--THIS METHOD HAS BEEN TESTED BY ME AND I HAVE SUCESSFULLY PORTED BLUE-TERROR ROM FOR MMX A75 TO A73 AND IS WORKING FINE WITH NOT EVEN A SINGLE BUG ! --

--DON'T FOR GET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON BELOW IT WOULD NOT COST EVEN A SINGLE PENNY !--

I tried the rom from mmx a75/spice which you mentioned above for mmx a73 but it doesnt work.
I have changed the boot.img

U need to change the baseband also and still it doesnt boot then u need to do a serious porting which includes changing other files but many times just by changing boot and baseband u get the ROM booting only few problems like camera low internal memory and some stuff like that so try with changing baseband.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones