• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root me baby one more time

Hi I tried to update my spica and now I'm having big trouble. I followed your guide and odin seem to flash my phone fine. But after my phone reboot , it came back up with big ! in a big triangle and it just stay like that. I tried pressing buttons and if I press menu it resume to boot screen with progress bar at the bottom, when it filled up it just stop. now I can't boot my phone anymore :(

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply,Beerkan

first - I've already panicked
second - I've found a solution and my phone is working properly

so I'm gonna share my (rather exciting) experience.
I've tried flash with JH6 many times and also with other FW I came across - with no luck.
Then I found this Lorenz's blog describing exactly what I'm facing so I tried his method and amazingly it works.
So after flashed with JCE ,I try flashing with JH6 again and this time it gone through properly then I applied LeshaK’s kernel and everything is doing fine now

Upvote 0
I followed the guide. It went ok until the first reboot. I got a message that the installing failed. Then three options in green, the first one was to reboot, second to install .zip from SD card and the third... I don't remember. I picked reboot but it stays on the samsung screen, and then nothing. Maybe I did something wrong? I put odin in admin and compatibility mode. I'm using windows 7.

Edit:
This is what is shown:

Android system recovery <0.5.2>
-- Samsung Spica i5700 --
Use Up/Down and OK to select

Reboot system now [Home+Back]
Apply sdcard/update.xip
Apply any zip from SD
Deleting files...
Deleting files...
Deleting files...
Deleting files...
Deleting files...
Copying files...
Copying files...
E:Error in install_busybox.sh
(status 65280)
E:Failure at line 21>
run_program PACKAGE:Iinstall_busybox.sh
Installation aborted

Now what? Please, help

Upvote 0
Now if I turn the phone on there's Samsung, I've got a phone icon then a yellow triangle with exclamation mark icon, then computer icon. HELP Please please:(

EDIT>

VERY VERY SORRY AND EMBARRASSED
This is my first flash.
I mentioned I followed the guide, well, I didn't and mixed up two archives.

Sorry, it's working now. Thanks a lot for the guide.

Sorry for being a moron.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this wonderful tutorial, I've had my Spica for 6 months before finally deciding to root.

After rooting and partition of SD, I verified with adb shell that the apps were indeed being installed to SD. However, after reboot, I encountered FC's on the apps.

I entered recovery mode and cleared the cache and dalvik-cache, but still got the FC's after reboot.

Prior to root, I did a factory reset on my phone. Is there a work-around on these FC's? Thank you.

EDIT: Reformatted the ext2 partition and all is working now.
I proceeded to the kitchen and updated my Kernel to enable multitouch and the 5% battery charge :)

Upvote 0
hey people, i tried to follow the instructions on this page, but halfway flashing the 2.1 update to my phone, the usb keeps disconnecting and connecting by itself. Then the phone shows the installation screen for a sec and it changes to a screen with a warning sign( exclaimation mark enclosed with a triangle), with an icon of the phone beside it. Now my spica cant reboot too. it gets stuck at the loading page of startup with the SAMSUNG word. any help would be very much appreciated:)

Upvote 0
@Rajwind3r, I also experienced that problem before. Make sure you are flashing (or upgrading) with the correct firmware version.

Refer to the last section of the FAQs on --[HELPDESK + FAQs + HOW-TO GUIDES]-- -- "Phone stuck at a triangle with an exclamation mark or has 0kb after flashing."

hey thanks alot:)
i got it fixed already..using the same method as the dude above. THE MESSED UP PART WAS WHEN AFTER I HAD FLASHED FE JH6 AND ROOTING AND ALL THAT JAZZ..MAKING MY PHONE LOOK UBER SEXED UP...I GOT MY SD CARD STUCK IN THE SIMSLOT..WHILE TRYING TO TAKE IT OUT, SOME METAL PIECE POPPED OUT:/ THERE GOES MY WARRANTY, AND SOON TO BE...MY MONEY TO SERVICE THE DAMNED THING:(

i so wanted to show off my linpack score:( FML

Upvote 0
Hi There,

I was running my rooted phone without any problems until it showed a SD card damaged problem. I was going to re root it from scratch but the phone seems to freeze as soon as I put the unlocking pattern.
The guide says that the phone should not have the locking pattern set... and I can't unset it at the moment.... my questions are:
1. Can I disable the unlock pattern by manipulating files in the SD card directly?
2. What are the risks of using Odin with the locking pattern set?

Thanks

Upvote 0
HELP! MY SPICA BECAME A BRICK!!!
I rooted my spica and everything went fine until I headed for using apstoSD. When I did the downloading for i5700_LK2-08_PDA.7z odin said "fail" after a few seconds. I restartet my computer (XPSsp3) and tried again with the

Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...

as result.

Then I tried to take the guide from the top but nothing happens!!!!!
Please helt. Whatever I do the spica says "downloading" If I shut it down and try to start it it just shows a computer and a phone with a broken chord!!!! BEERKAN HEEEEEELP!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone.
I'm trying to follow this guide, but I cant find the LK-2_5_1-PDA.tar . The link to LK-2_5_1-PDA.tar goes to a i5700_LK2-08_PDA.7z .
Any suggestions anyone where I can find the right file??

I followed the links and did the flashing with the files for my Spica and it worked. I would think the link site just changed the name of the file.

Upvote 0
I swear I've tried this umpteen times, deleted every file and started again, and Odin still never gets passed
Code:
Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...

Win7 Pro 32bit
Firmware: 2.1-update1
Baseband: i570EXXJC1
Kernal: 2.6.29; root@SE-S611 #2
Build: ECLAIR.XXJCD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones