• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Motorola Droid PRO

Hello everybody,

First of all sorry if I'm repeating question, but there is just too many explanations on the web and here also, and I am so confused now. Here is the story.

I got my Motorola Droid PRO from France, and I live in Serbia, and phone accepted SIM card without problem. That says to me that the phone is not SIM locked.

Here are the phone spec:
System version: Version.342.179.14.XT610.Retail.en.FR
Model number: XT610
Firmware version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: N_01.1B.00R
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g167279c tqmp86@zch45lnxdroid14#1
Build number: V2U_3.4.2-179

Wheb I go to system updates it says that the phone is up to date.

The reason why I want to change ROM is because is requires to have MOTOBLUR account in order to use phone. Also, there are some apps that used internet over mobile network and costs a lot of money. I tried turning off everything in "Data manager" and it seemed that is works, but if I want to receive MMS I have to go to turn it on, and after reception, to turn it off.

I hope that you understand my problem, what I need is solution, step by step if possible to change ROM, root phone or whatever to fix this.

Once again, sorry if I'm repeating the question, but I just could not find similar problem like mine.

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers from Serbia!

Reactions: buda hidalgo
First off welcome to the site :hello: !

Second, I am not too familiar with your device, but as far as I can tell there aren't any custom roms abailable for it accourding to the rooting guide here:

http://androidforums.com/droid-pro-...motorola-droid-pro-all-things-root-guide.html

Also are you sure you have to have a Motoblur account and not a google (gmail) account? I've not heard of a motoblur account, but I've never had an Android device that used Motoblur.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones