• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root on this phone?

Yes if im correct its the 777 one i know that

I found this but not sure if it works on your model...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-v3-lg-stylo-3-plus-t3649621

I kinda doubt it tho. looks like your stuck pal.
I crawled through XDA and there's lots of folks like your self speculating, but the Locked bootloader coupled with dm-varity/secureboot kinda kills the options a lot.
and be careful there's false information on this device floating around over there too...

sry wish I could be of more help

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
I found this but not sure if it works on your model...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-v3-lg-stylo-3-plus-t3649621

I kinda doubt it tho. looks like your stuck pal.
I crawled through XDA and there's lots of folks like your self speculating, but the Locked bootloader coupled with dm-varity/secureboot kinda kills the options a lot.
and be careful there's false information on this device floating around over there too...

sry wish I could be of more help

Mine ia the ls 777 this forum doesnt support it but ty for the help

Reactions: goodgirlalways88
Upvote 0
No,the boot loader has not been unlocked yet. Meaning we can't safely root the Boost/Sprint variant yet. I'd like to root mine, but I've been doing ok without root so far. I've had mine for a long time now. I'd also like to see the OS bumped up to Oreo.

Jw any idea what was used to root tmoble etc ones? Im gona guess kingroot. Etc. Also has anyone tried abd sideloading su file or anything etc jw no one is really talking about anything there trying

Upvote 0
We don't have ROOT for the Boost/ Sprint variant yet. Please keep watching this thread, hopefully someone will figure out how to unlock the boot loader and secure boot so we can have ROOT for this phone.

I get no one does yet im assuming you are working also on root for this maby we can work together to get root for this phone i been playing with it for a bit now

Upvote 0
Please weigh the pros and cons carefully before rooting your Android phone.

Before rooting your Android smart phone, please:
1. Download CF-Root-SGS2_XW_INU_KL1-v5.0-CWM5.
2. Download Odin3v185.

Step 1: Download CF-Root-SGS2_XW_INU_KL1-v5.0-CWM5 and unzip it on your computer. Then press the "Volume Down" and "Home" buttons of your Android device at the same time for several seconds. So that your phone will be rebooted into "Download Mode".

Step 2. Connect your Android phone to computer via a USB cable. After that, extract Odin3v185 and check the "PDA" box. Double click the CF-Root-SGS2_XW_INU_KL1-v5.0-CWM5.tar, soon you can get a menu as shown.

In this step, please choose "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time", then press the "Start" button to continue.

Step 3. Wait for a while. After getting a "Pass!" on your computer and "Turn off" on the Android phone, please disconnect your Android smart phone and computer.

Step 4. Press "Volume Up" and "Home" at the meantime to reboot your phone to the "Recovery Mode".

Step 5. Select "Wipe data/factory reset" and "Wipe Cache" step by step. At last, tap "Reboot System Now", your Android phone will be restarted at once.

The question I have for you is simple ... have you tried this on the Boost/Sprint version of this particular phone or are you just quoting something from who knows where?
I'd be intrigued to see a successful (safe) ROOT on the Boost (LS777) version of the Stylo 3.

Upvote 0
I get no one does yet im assuming you are working also on root for this maby we can work together to get root for this phone i been playing with it for a bit now

I've bricked more than one phone trying to crack the boot lock and secure boot. Sadly, I'll leave it to better techs at this point.

Reactions: Juggalo19076
Upvote 0

Heres my only idea and it may just brick your device....
Use modded / dev version of lgup
Do a dump operation select the boot partition.
Select a dolder to dump into on desktop or where ever.
Dump the stock boot.img. itll be boot_COM7 or such. Rename to boot.img.
Reboot to android.
Put the boot.img file on root of storage
Code:
 adb push boot.img /sdcard/boot.img
Install magisk apk and use it to patch the stock boot.img.
Pull that patched_boot.img back to pc.rename to boot.img
Then use lgup and partitions download operation .
Select the boot.img (patched) and click start.
It should flash the modded magisk img to the device .
Reboot and pray ;)
If it boots you should have root with magisk.
Warning. This worked for me on other devices... Doesn't mean itll work for yours.
But if you get brave and try it. Let us know how it gos.
Also a stock firmware .kdz would bw good to have b4 you try this.
Good luck

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Astr4y4L
Upvote 0
This turns out to be a "One click Root" file. I'd be wary of attempting the use of such. I've bricked several Boost/Sprint LS770 phones hunting ROOT access. I have yet to see that anyone else has been successful as well.

I dislike spammers also... Id agree its likely malware or adware . if its not then its like u said likely to produce a brick....
Be Cautious.
;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones