• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root samsung Note 20 ultra

Upvote 0
I recommended a professional to root this phone who has the required tool to get the job done...
i disagree. if you root your phone, you will learn skills that will help you learn how the root process works. the reason why you need to know this, is that it will help greatly, if you need to trouble shoot your phone. not knowing how to root, you will not learn anything.

the main thing to rooting is to not just jump into it. take the time to read and learn. you have us here who can help answer any questions you have about the rooting process.

your answer is why i did not like those one step rooting methods that android had back in the day. the reasons why i dislike those are the same answer i gave above. YOU NEED TO LEARN THE PROCESS, if you plan on having a rooted phone.

plus it really is not that hard, once you know how to use adb and fastboot commands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
according to this, it might be possible....but you will lose 5G capabilities
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/conversion-from-sm-n986w-to-sm-n986u-u1-still-possible.4174063/

just flash a US variant firmware.....i only read about half of the first page of the thread. i would read it fully before trying it though.

Thanks

I recommended a professional to root this phone who has the required tool to get the job done...

Thanks ☝

i do not. if you root your phone, you will learn skills that will help you learn who the root process works. the reason why you need to know this, is that it will help greatly, if you need to trouble shoot your phone. not knowing how to root, you will not learn anything.

lthe main thing to rooting is to not just jump into it. take the time to read and learn. you have us here who can help answer any questions you have about the rooting process.

your answer is why i did not like those one step rooting methods that android had back in the day. the reasons why i dislike those are the same answer i gave above. YOU NEED TO LEARN THE PROCESS, if you plan on having a rooted phone.

plus it really is not that hard, once you know how to use adb and fastboot commands.

thank you for your reply my goal was to do it myself. I just need to have the right information so I don't mess up. if you ever have a link with the process, I am interested in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
thank you for your reply my goal was to do it myself. I just need to have the right information so I don't mess up. if you ever have a link with the process, I am interested in it.
so follow the thread i linked earlier. you will need to download the firmware for the US variant. the next step would be to use this guide to root:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/sampwnd-usa-model-bl-unlock-info-u-u1-w.4205981/

one question......why do you want to root? rooting is a very risky process. there can be some negatives like you will trip knox and thus voiding your warranty. so do this at your own peril.......and please take the time to research the process and ask questions before you proceed.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
i have been doing cellphone unlocking and software repair for over 10 plus years i can build root files for all samsung which are rootable...Many changes have been made in the lastest samsung firmware one mistake and the phone is dead meaning it wont even power back on which is why i suggest someone with the experience to do the job for u...

Upvote 0
i have been doing cellphone unlocking and software repair for over 10 plus years i can build root files for all samsung which are rootable...Many changes have been made in the lastest samsung firmware one mistake and the phone is dead meaning it wont even power back on which is why i suggest someone with the experience to do the job for u...
there is always an inherent risk when rooting a phone. but if someone really wants to root their phone, it is really a good idea to learn the process. i have been rooting phones, since i got my first android phone (HTC hero and later the HTC EVO)......and yes rooting has gotten more difficult, but i still hold true to my earlier statement that having a rooted phone with no knowledge of how to use adb and fastboot is asking for disaster. by going thru the process of learning how to root, you will pickup those much needed knowledge to be able to troubleshoot and fix any issues that may arise when flashing custom roms or anything else.

and @pelossemeli the process is even more risky as you are going to flash a firmware that is not made specifically for your phone......so be extra careful in doing this. please read that link i posted earlier. there is also several other links within that thread that will also help you out as well. it seems to be doable, but risky.

Upvote 0
Any advancements on a root for this device? Rather than start a new thread, bump
Depends on which device you are talking about. Do you have one with the Exynos or Qualcomm chip? The US version with the q chip is not rootable and it probably never will be.

Always do your research over at xda for anything root related.

go here https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra.11203/

I could not find anything new about rooting the US variant.

Why do you want to root your device?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones