• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted phone image backup

Hi there, are you talking about the Samsung Stratosphere? I ask because that is the section you have posted most of your phone specific questions in, and as a guide, we like to keep things organized here; this section is for the Motorola Droid (A855) which almost nobody uses anymore.

To more directly answer your question, the best way to make an "image" of the phone is if there is a custom recovery available for your exact make and model of phone. The you create a 'nandroid backup' which is similar to the ghost function that you mentioned in another thread. Other than that, we are at the mercy of the manufacturers; i.e. if the release and post publicly factory images that can be flashed to the phone. Again, before you go searching for one, it MUST be for your EXACT phone model # and furthermore there are different methods for completing the task, again depending upon phone make and model #.

Let us know.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have moved your thread to the proper section. This way other users more familiar with your device will see your thread and hopefuly you will get help a bit quicker.

Try this thread here as well:

http://androidforums.com/threads/stratosphere-all-things-root-guide.448769/

It looks like there are some custom recoveries listed there. Again, make sure you follow the instructions carefully, otherwise you will have a broken phone.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones